The perfect party snack, resident foodie creator Ifat, shows us how to make her delectable chocolate fruit and nut clusters!
Party season is upon our family and it starts with my hubby’s 40th birthday and then our 10 month old turning one in May. There is a reason for us to celebrate someone or a holiday pretty much every month after until November!
With three kiddies, two dogs, and a busy hubby I try and stick to recipes that taste great, are healthy or at times healthier versions of what most would make. These types of recipes will take no longer than 15 minutes to prepare and make. Eating them on the other hand, only takes several seconds!
Read more: Top Tips for Making Healthy Choices
The perfect indulgent party snack are these easy chocolate fruit and nut clusters. This recipe is so easy to change and manipulate based on what works best for your family.
- 10 ounces of allergy friendly chocolate such as Raiz the Bar or Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apples… whatever tickles your fancy)
- Gluten Free Rice Puffs
- Quinoa Puffs
- Mixed Nuts or Seeds (sunflower seeds, cashews or almonds would be nice!)
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in bain-marie style (aka water bath)
- Add in your favourite ingredients from above (our favourite combo: 2 cups rice puffs, 3 cups quinoa puffs, 1/4 chopped dried cranberries and 1/4 broken pieces of almonds and cashews)
- Mix in all ingredients until well combined
- Using a tablespoon, spoon big chunks of the mix onto muffin liners on a tray.
- Once your tray is all full then you can place this in the fridge to set for about two hours
Please note, make sure you add enough ingredients to make the clusters nice and bulky, this is a fun to do activity with the kiddies as they go crazy pouring in their fave ingredients and mixing with their hands! Enjoy, mamas!
Featured image via Pinterest