The School is the first international co-educational day and boarding school in Hong Kong. Through its distinctive vision statement, it blends elements of educational philosophy and practice from Harrow School in England into the diverse international community of Hong Kong. The quality of teaching and academic standards are high, but its boarding ethos also promotes a strong emphasis on extra-curricular activities (which are integrated into the School day for all), the quality of relationships and community life, and the personal formation of character in its students.
Language Of Instruction
The School has a number of phases in its Lower School (K1to Y5) and the Upper School (Y6 to Y13):
• The Early Years (K1 and K2) follows the English based ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’ Curriculum.
• The Pre-Prep School (Y1 to Y5) follows the English based ‘New Primary Curriculum’ and the English ‘Primary Strategy’.
• The Prep School (Y6 to Y8) offers a skills-based curriculum based on the National Curriculum designed to manage the transition from the homeroom environment in the Pre-Prep School to the more subject-specific environment in the Senior School.
• The Senior School (Y9 to Y11) curriculum is based on IGCSE courses studied over three years.
• The Sixth Form (Y12 to Y13) curriculum is based on A-level courses studied over two years, together with AS-level Critical Thinking and the Extended Project Qualification.
70% of the students come from the international community, 30% of the students are local from Hong Kong (HKSAR passport holders), International nationalities include, but are not limited, to British, Australian, American and Canadian