The language of classical music transcends culture, time, ability and age. This year, over 3,500 young participants and artists collaborate to present original and imaginative performance and visual art work that takes inspiration from classical masterpieces. The five musical works they explore each tell their own colourful story.
The pieces are:
- Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov’s Scheherazade (1001 Arabian Nights)
- Camille Saint-Saën’s Carnival of the Animals
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s The Magic Flute
- Maurice Ravel’s Mother Goose Suite
- Igor Stravinsky’s The Soldier’s Tale
Working together, the artists and young participants study a chosen piece in depth – learning to identify the instruments and appreciate the music and themes. They then fire up their imagination and create incredible art.