Here at Instant Goddess HQ, I skipped for joy when the invite came through to the opening of the new Massimo Dutti flagship store on Queens Road Central, which has taken the former spot of Esprit. As my regulars know, I am a massive MD fan and their pieces regularly feature in my blogs, so I was wondering whether there would be anything new to blog about… and I wasn’t disappointed! This store gets newly stocked every Friday and Sunday so shopping bags at the ready Goddesses!!
I’m not normally a lacy type of gal, but elegant timeless lace is a hot theme this season and the first thing that caught my eye in store were these lacy/crochet-effect dresses and vests.
I love the black tie detailing on the reverse of this blonde lace top ($590) and I’m not entirely sure what you call the colour of the vest on the far right but it has a lovely radiant peachy gold thing going on with a hint of coffee thrown in ($550).
If the above are all a bit too neutral and nicey-nice for you, then what about some gorgeous prints? Massimo is known for its lovely use of silk and print together, and they haven’t let us down this season. A few printed highlights below:
In the green room
Again, I normally favour strong vibrant colours but I’m loving this softer cool pastel green story going on at Massimo.
If you’re after an elegant frock for a special occasion or just because you’re having an ‘Oh what the hell you’re worth it’ moment, then look no further…
Dress with jewelled collar $850, another lace number that I’ve sneaked in and I couldn’t see this in store but it’s on my shopping radar one to watch $1190, and perfect pleats with cutie bow belt dress $650
Blue for you
Best of the rest
True to its Spanish roots, the leatherware in Massimo is good quality and lust worthy! Give the above pieces some edge with these studded leather bags.
Massimo Dutti, G/F & 1/F Loke Yew Building, 50-52 Queen’s Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
This week favourite make-up artist Jaime Smith of Smudge Make-Up Artistry shares her very own beauty routine with us; I’m really excited about this as even a mere make up novice like moi can get a handle on this routine.
“As a make-up artist and a mom, the question I hear most is, “What products do YOU use on your face every day?”
With a wild toddler and another to arrive any day now, there is never enough time! Hong Kong summers are HOT and being pregnant, I sweat even more, if that’s possible! Here are my personal go-to summer day look products.
After completing my lotions and potions regime plus a good slathering of skin brightening SPF 50:
- Smash Box Photo Finish Primer (to make my make-up last its longest)
- Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Foundation MIXED with a drop of Benefit Sun Beam Highlighter (to even my skin tone).
- Bare Minerals Illuminating Veil Powder (to set)
- Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder (to sculpt my cheek bones and contour my fat pregnant face)
- Clarins Eclat Minute liquid Blush in Coral tonic (if I’m feeling extra sweaty) or NARS powder blush in my favorite shade, Orgasm (applied to the apples of my cheeks)
- Bronze/Rose Gold eye shadow (swept across my lids for shine) I use a colour from my own Smudge custom colour palette. If you are interested creating your own custom colour palette, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Touche Eclat radiant touch highlighter (applied to brow bone)
- Giorgio Armani brown eyeliner in # 12 (applied on wet rim of upper eye lid only) and after curling lashes, Maybelline Full N’Soft Waterproof Mascara in Very Black.
- Sugar Rose Tinted Lip treatment SPF 15 by Fresh
And there you have it… a make-up routine that will have you looking like a Goddess pronto!
Midweek Meal Inspiration
This week, it’s the legendary Delia Smith’s American Chef’s Salad. The dressing is easy peasy lemon squeezy; it’s a real winner and can be used with different salad combos, but this salad is perfect as is if you have all the ingredients, and man enough for your man! Tip… when dressing the salad don’t whack it all on, dress little by little as you may find all the dressing too overpowering depending on your personal taste of course.
Get the full recipe here.
Yogi tea saying of the week: “Love those that love you back”.
Instant Goddess says: “Should I take all that Massimo Dutti stuff back?! What about the shopping ban?! Oh crikey… I forgot about that. ”
Until next week Goddesses… and remember you are always, always worth it!
Check out all of Katie’s Instant Goddess columns here.