Social Media


Free Tickets And Discounts On Hong Kong Day

july 1 hong kong day discounts free tickets public holiday hk sar establishment day
What's OnPost Category - What's OnWhat's On - Post Category - Free Events This MonthFree Events This Month

Have you heard? Monday, 1 July is Hong Kong Day and in addition to it being a public holiday to mark the 27th anniversary of Hong Kong’s independence from British rule, there are oodles of freebies and discounts to snag!

There are a variety of promotions on offer from June to August, but 1 July specifically has dozens of discounts available, so instead of spending the Monday at home, venture out and try something new – at almost no cost! With that being said, be aware, the queues and crowds are likely to be wild!

july 1 hong kong day discounts free tickets transport mtr tram bus public holiday hk sar establishment day

Free tickets and discounts on transport

The perfect time to finally hop over to the other side of the island with the family and explore new neighbourhoods!

  • Free tram rides
  • Free rides for children between the ages of 3 to 11 on most MTR lines
  • Free service on MTR Light Rail and Bus services in the Northwestern New Territories
  • Free rides on the Star Ferry ‘Tsim Sha Tsui – Wan Chai’ route
  • Hundreds of ferry ride vouchers will be distributed
  • Over 70% off on Ngong Ping 360 for children and senior citizens

Read More: Island Hopping In Hong Kong

july 1 hong kong day discounts free tickets public holiday hk sar establishment day ocean park amusement park water world discounted tickets general admission

Free access and discounts for museums, exhibitions and amusement parks

Whether your kids are creative or sporty, budding historians or born swimmers, there’ll be something to keep them entertained…

  • Up to 30% off on Ocean Park tickets from Saturday, 29 June to Monday 1, July
  • Free access to numerous museums including the Hong Kong Space Museum, Science Museum and the Museum of Art
  • Free access to General Admission exhibitions at M+ and all thematic exhibitions at the Hong Kong Palace Museum
  • Multiple free guided tours, such as at the Green Hub, Hong Kong News Expo, HKFYG (plus free art booth games) and Tai Hang Fire Dragon Heritage Centre among others
  • Free admission to the Hong Kong Wetland Park as well as most of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department’s indoor and outdoor facilities (set the little ones loose at the plethora of courts available to them, including but not limited to badminton, basketball, squash, table tennis and golf)

Read More: The Best Museums In Hong Kong To Visit With Kids

july 1 hong kong day discounts free tickets public holiday hk sar establishment day shopping markets mall promotions vouchers

Discounts on dining and shopping

  • Over a thousand restaurants are expected to offer discounts on Hong Kong SAR Establishment Day – several will offer 29% discounts, the remaining 71% is a reference to the date (7/1 = July 1)
  • Malls and markets will offer special promotions and vouchers. Participating malls and markets include Cyberport, the Fish Marketing Organisation, Vegetable Marketing Organisation, Aberdeen Market and even the Hong Kong International Airport

Read More: The Best Brunch Spots In Hong Kong For Families

For a full list of free tickets and discounts (not all of which have been announced yet), check the government website.

Main image courtesy of Andres Garcia via Unsplash, image 1 courtesy of The Transport Enthusiast DC via Unsplash, image 2 courtesy of HK Ocean Park via Facebook, image 3 courtesy of Thuong D via Pexels.

more sassy mama

What's New

We're social

We're social

What we're up to and what inspires us