The hospital may not be an ideal getaway destination, but packing your bag for the maternity ward is one of the most exciting times of late pregnancy. Though you’ll be eagerly tempted to over pack, make your stay a little more pleasant by gathering all the essentials for you and babe with our foolproof checklist available to download now.
- Have everything packed by 35 weeks into your pregnancy. Resist the urge to wait until the last minute!
- Whether it be a backpack, suitcase, or a duffel bag, your hospital bag should be whatever makes you feel most comfortable. Regardless, choose something accessible and easy to find things when you need your partner to locate it for you.
- If you plan to drive (or have someone else drive) your car to the hospital, pack your goods in the trunk. Otherwise, leave it in an accessible location of your home if you plan to taxi it.
- Be sure to ask the hospital what is already provided to keep your baggage light.
- Check the hospital’s policies regarding what you can bring.
- Don’t bring diapers or a breast pump, as the hospital can already provide these. Two less items to worry about!
Good luck, mama!
Featured image sourced via Pinterest