Achieve this Scandinavian kiddie bedroom look
on a budget or go for the splurge!
The hottest interior design of Scandinavian furniture is going strong and it doesn’t seem like it will slow down a bit. With homeware stores all over Hong Kong decked out in modern, sophisticated and chic designs, we’re loving that this trend is staying a while.
The Scandinavian style works really well for the whole home and but especially in children’s bedrooms. Smaller spaces and rooms look less cluttered and more calming and spacious with the cool tones of the Scandinavian style. I’m sure we can attest to the fact that it can be quite easy to splurge a bit and blow out our budget when shopping in Hong Kong. But is it really possible to achieve the look we’re going for without breaking the bank?
The Scandinavian style consists of light wood tones, light and soft colours. A demure wallpaper goes very well with this style too and works well as an accent wall. This look works well in a room with light wooden flooring and if your space doesn’t come with those, just use rugs in cool, calm tones. Don’t forget to add some quirky, playful accessories… this is for a kid bedroom after all!
Check out our inspiration board with similar items but at varying costs. It’s a great starting point for families who want to get creative and mix a few luxury pieces with budget items.
Read more: Cribz: Welcome to Sloane’s Whimsical Swan Lake Nursery
Shop the Splurge Look (over $25,000 HKD)
- Harlequin wallpaper in mint by Ferm Living, Scandinavian Design Center, US$79 (length 10.05 m, width 53 cm)
- Off white wall paint Pointing by Farrow&Ball, available through Altfield Interiors.
- Charles&Ray Eames Rocking Chair, Herman Miller, Aluminum, HKD 6,999
- Flexa Single bed with one pull out bed and two drawers, Flexaworld, HKD 16,650 (without mattress)
- Two tone hand stitched duvet cover, Camomile London, GBP 65
- Fox Cushion and Large House Cushion, Camomile London, GBP 28,50 and GBP 54
- Laurette Chevet Zzz bedside table in grey, Petit Bazaar, P.O.A.
- Bloomingville display boxes in various shapes, Petit Bazaar, P.O.A.
- Dolly hanging lamp, Scandinavian Design Center, US$400
Shop the Steal Look (under $7,000 HKD)
- Striped wallpaper, Zara Home, HK$399 (length 10m, width 53cm)
- Off white wall painting from Dulux (Yuen Fat Ho Paint Shop, 77 Hollywood Road)
- Eames-style rocking chair, Sofasale, HK$1,350
- Ikea Hemnes daybed, Ikea, HK$3,490 (without mattress)
- Vitpil duvet cover, Ikea, HK$349
- Lekande bedspread, Ikea, HK$240
- Vettre bedside table in turquoise, Ikea, HK$499
- Flisat doll’s house/wall shelf, Ikea, HK$349
- Silica pendant lamp, Sofasale, HK$278
There are options out there, mamas!
Featured image via Pinterest