Play is the natural way that children understand their world, express thoughts and feelings, develop social skills and learn self-mastery.
Play Therapy is a medium for children to express themselves, explore relationships and to communicate feelings and experiences.
If you’re interested in:
- Learning more about the importance of play
- How to support our children’s development through play
- How we can enhance our attachment with our children
- Exploring the benefits of Play Therapy
SPRING will host an hour-long information session for parents and caregivers with a Q&A session at the end, and you’re invited!
How does Play Therapy Work?
Play therapy can help children develop confidence and self-esteem, find healthier ways of communicating, and can promote resilience and coping strategies. These newly developed skills are transferred to everyday life.
Therapeutic play supports this growth and development on an emotional and psychological level. Children do not have to talk about their problems to feel better, as communicating through the use of toys and art materials can release feelings and experiences. Play therapy can also be used in a more direct way, utilising role-playing and art to express feelings and develop and devise coping skills.
Who can Play Therapy help?
Play Therapy can help children that have difficulty verbally communicating their feelings and experiences.
Play Therapy supports children with:
- Becoming more self-aware, learning to identify thoughts and feelings.
- Regulating feelings and behaviour
- Adjusting to family changes, such as transitions, separation and divorce
- Building secure relationships
- Enhancing self concept & self esteem
- Facilitating healing from past stressful or traumatic experiences
Topic: Making The Most Out Of Play
When: Friday 26 April at 5:30pm
Where: SPRING, 3/F, Centre Point, 181-185 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
How much: Free!
Availability is strictly limited to 35 adults (please advise if you’re bringing children), so make sure you RSVP below double-quick to guarantee your spot.
This event is passed.