The summer may be winding down, but there are still plenty of days left to keep the kiddos entertained before it’s back to school and a much-needed break for mama! Well, when the sweltering heat means we’re locked inside from the hours of 10am-4pm, there’s nothing better to keep munchkins occupied than DIY crafts! We’ve enlisted the help of Little Picasso art studio to come up with some fun, artsy crafts for passing those lazy summer days, starting with DIY summer slippers! Your little princesses will absolutely love decorating these pretty pink slippers with their own frilly add-ons:
What you’ll need:
Cereal box or cardboard
1. Draw around your little artist’s shoes or feet on the card or cereal box to cut out the perfect slipper size.
2. Using scissors, cut around the pencil line (on a side note, scissors are a great way to strengthen the muscles in your child’s hands!)
3. Use the felt pens or crayons to design the base of the slipper. This is where your kids can get creative! Drawing circles and zig-zags are another great way to exercise the wrist and hand.
4. Take some coloured cardboard and cut a long, wide strap to go over the foot. This strap can be decorated and coloured as well with the crayons.
5. Glue the strap around the slipper.
6. For a final touch, add pom poms, sequins or a super hero symbol and enjoy your new summer slippers!