A Netflix night to remember…
Being a mama is not easy, and sometimes, we miss (just a tiny little bit) the “good old days” when we had the time and energy to indulge in a little me-time, play hostess or party non-stop. Realistically though partying takes more energy than we have at the moment, so a girly night in over the weekend sounds a bit more appealing than high heels and mascara…
Well, mamas, you’re in luck: round up your troupe and enjoy some good ol’ shows from the comfort of your own home! A night of Netflix, paired with the perfect easy-to-make cocktails? Cheers to that!
Sex and The City 1 & 2 (the movies) x Cosmopolitan
To be honest, these ladies really don’t need an introduction, as Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte are practically household names. The four 30 something New Yorkers: a freelance writer, open-minded PR, a lawyer and a “tai-tai”, they all have different jobs, lives and goals, but when problems arise, they are always by each other’s side. Not to mention their ever-lasting wardrobes on display…
Cocktail pairing: Enjoy the show with Carrie Bradshaw’s favourite cocktail, a Cosmopolitan.
- 5 cl Vodka
- 2.5 cl Cointreau
- 1.25 cl Lime Juice
- 1.25 cl Cranberry Juice
- Shake all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice until the outside of the shaker becomes frosted.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with a twist of lime. The classic Cosmopolitan.
Recipe from makemeacocktail.com
Orange Is The New Black x Big Boo’s Brew
Ready to meet the inmates at Litchfield again? The outrageous and critically-acclaimed series Orange Is The New Black from Emmy® is a memorial of Piper Chapman’s time in prison. The new season will bring you more fights and dirty games among diverse group of inmates. P.S. there are new inmates and newbie guards in store!
Cocktail pairing: Try the cocktail that inspired by one of the inmate Big Boo – Big Boo’s Brew.
- 4 oz. fresh orange juice
- 1 oz. *honey syrup (1:1)
- Sapporo Premium Light
- 2 -3 dashes orange bitters
- In a tall cocktail glass add orange juice and honey syrup, top with Sapporo beer and orange bitters
- Stir gently with bar spoon and garnish with orange slice.
- *honey syrup: in a small pot over medium heat, combine 1 c. honey and 1 c. water and stir lightly until dissolved
Recipe from fashionnstyle.com
Crazy Stupid Love x Old Fashioned
A love story across three generations of a family, about the importance of finding true love. A complicated plot, including teenagers who first fall in love, a divorced couple and player. Regardless of their age and background, they’re all still learning how to love every day. Spoiler: prepare yourself for one of Ryan Gosling’s best kissing scenes!
Cocktail pairing: How about inviting your hubby to make the cocktail that Ryan Gosling made for Emma Stone on their first night at home?
- 4.5 cl Bourbon or Rye whiskey
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- Few dashes plain water
- Place sugar cube in old-fashioned glass and saturate with bitters, add a dash of plain water.
- Muddle until dissolve.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes and add whiskey.
- Garnish with orange slice and a cocktail cherry.
Recipe from iba-world.com
Chelsea x Pomegranate Martini
Chelsea Handler has a lot of questions (on a wide, wide range of subjects). From international cultures to alternative lifestyles, education, health, sports, parenting and politics, Chelsea travels far and wide to find her answers. Blunt, bold, fearless and hilarious… there’s no shortage of laughter while watching Chelsea!
Cocktail pairing: Try the cocktail that inspired by Chelsea Handler – Pomegranate Martini.
- 1 oz sweet vermouth
- 1 oz Belvedere vodka
- 2 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 lime slice
- Mix the vermouth, vodka and juice together, shake it up and serve in a martini glass or over ice.
- Garnish with a lime.
Recipe from kitchenability.com
Gossip Girl x Gin Martini
People often claim that girls love a good gossip session, and though we can’t confirm whether that’s true or false, we do love a bit of Gossip Girl. Watch how these trust-fund teenagers fight against each other for fame and wealth. Plus, we can’t help but fall for everything Blake Lively!
Cocktail pairing: Enjoy the show with one of Blair’s favourite drinks, a Gin Martini.
- 1 part vermouth
- 5 part Bombay Sapphire gin
- Ice (for mixing)
- To garnish: Green olive or lemon rind
- Chill your cocktail glass (the easiest way is to fill it with ice).
- Add plenty of ice and the vermouth to your shaker/stirring glass and stir to make sure the ice is coated with vermouth, then use your strainer to pour away the excess.
- Add the Bombay Sapphire to the shaker/stirring glass and stir the mixture for about 30 seconds to chill and dilute.
- Strain into the chilled cocktail glass and garnish with either a twist of lemon peel or some green olives. If you’re using olives, try to use ones that aren’t oily.
Recipe from jamieoliver.com
Happy Netflix night, mama!