Market Place Discovery Bay could be the most innovative and exciting supermarket in the city! It houses IKEA, Bread Pantry and much more under one roof.
DB families, you’re in for a treat! With Market Place opening on the island earlier this month, going to the supermarket is going to be a whole new experience. Market Place Discovery Bay has been chosen to be the debut of the world’s first IKEA Close To You – a Food x Home store to cater to the extended needs of everyone on the island. #islandlife just became so much more convenient!
What makes Market Place Discovery Bay different from other retail supermarkets?
- The size: At 17,373-square feet of space, this Market Place is massive. You can be sure that it houses your every need. It stocks fresh groceries, local produce and a careful selection of imported food and household products.
- IKEA Close to You: This new format has user-friendly smart digital solutions to offer customers home decoration and Swedish gourmet cooking inspirations.
- Bread Pantry: Market Place has tied up with Bakehouse founder, Grégoire Michaud, for freshly made bread and pastries. Expect sourdough loaves, buttery croissants and more.
- Nuts Bar: Want something healthier? Market Place has also teamed up with New Zealand healthy snacks brand, Alison’s Pantry, for a self-service nut counter with over 40 selections exclusive to Hong Kong. We love that there’s a selection of pet treats for our fur babies as well!
- Other food and wine choices: There are plenty of F&B options here, catering to the unique DB clientele. You can get made-to-order sushi, Eastern and Western cuisine dishes, premium groceries, international alcohol labels and homegrown brands like Young Master and Gweilo.
Without a doubt, the star of this massive Market Place Discovery Bay is the IKEA Close to You shop. To add convenience to your shopping experience, IKEA Close to You has lockers that support flexible self pick-up times and free shipping for hassle-free online buying. Given that islanders might enjoy sprucing up their already beautiful homes, there is an interactive screen with 50 home-decorating ideas and another that provides free cooking recipes. Your weekly grocery run just became much more fun!
Market Place Discovery Bay is open now from 8am to 10pm daily (we love the long hours!).
Whether you live in Discovery Bay or not, a visit to Market Place sounds very worth the trip to get there!