Going to the supermarket with the little ones can be a bit of an adventure. Skip the hefty bags with these online grocery stores that deliver everything from meat, seafood, fresh vegetables and more.
Ah, the parenting life! The pace of living in this city never seems to slow down; with chaperoning your children around, juggling work (from home), school and playdate schedules, cooking for your always-ravenous kids and more. Even though many of us have childcare and household support from our lovely domestic helpers, more often than not, we find that a quick grocery run means that we’re lugging our body weight in shopping bags (reusable, of course!) up hilly Hong Kong streets! If that doesn’t sound like too much fun, it’s time you discovered the joy of shopping via online grocery stores. We’ve sorted out the places that will deliver everything from baked goods to fresh produce. All you’ll need to do now is select the delivery dates!
Hong Kong has many local and international options for online shopping for groceries and your household needs. While some of these are online-only stores, there are retail outlets that offer home delivery. Also, local supermarkets may not suit your dietary needs be it vegetarian, organic, gluten-free or halal (and it be can particularly tricky if a family member has a food allergy). If you know what you’re looking for, jump ahead to the relevant category.
Featured Online Grocery Stores
Specialist Grocery Stores
Meats And Seafood Grocery Stores
Fruits And Vegetables Grocery Stores
Health And Organic Grocery Stores
Luxury And Speciality Grocery Stores
Hong Kong Supermarkets
Featured Online Grocery Stores
Eden’s — Fresh Fruit And Vegetables Delivery
Are you getting more creative in the kitchen? That means you’ll need only the best quality ingredients. Eden’s has been supplying many of Hong Kong’s top hotels and fine dining restaurants since 2012 and now, it’s bringing that quality produce and reliable customer service to your home. It sources a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, mushrooms and herbs from around the world as well as hard to find grocery items like tahini, rose water, halloumi and authentic Greek yoghurt. Eden’s offers next-day delivery all over Hong Kong (orders must be placed before 2pm, minimum order and fees apply, delivery to the New Territories only available on Wednesdays).
Use discount code “SASSYMAMA” for 5% off. Offer valid for first time purchases, until April 2023.
Farmer’s Market — Quality Meat And Seafood
When a grocery store is run by a fellow mama, you know that its offerings will be good, safe and healthy choices for your family too! Farmer’s Market is owned and operated by Aussie mum, Emma Pike, and it has built a great reputation for delivering delicious, restaurant-quality meat and seafood. Even the pickiest of eaters will be happy to devour the traceable, 100% grass-fed Australian beef, (hormone and antibiotic-free) and free-range Australian chicken and the sustainably farmed Australian salmon.
Sassy Mama readers can use the code “SASSYMAMA22″ to get 20% off their Farmer’s Market order (can be used once per customer, until 1 July 2023).
Grocery Stores That Deliver In Hong Kong – Specialist Supermarkets
Calling all the Brits out there who are missing a taste of home! British Essentials stocks a variety of products imported directly from the United Kingdom (at an affordable price). Aside from your everyday needs, you can also find imported beauty and health products, baby products, and more. Order over $290 to enjoy free delivery (including outlying islands) on the following day of order. British Essentials delivery every day between 9am to 6pm.
Eat The Kiwi
Eat the Kiwi offers fresh, quality produce – everything from fruit, vegetables, meat and seafood (both fresh and frozen) to cheese, yoghurt, snacks, pies and meal kits (complete with detailed recipes = dinner sorted!). Eat the Kiwi works directly with producers in New Zealand to make sure you receive high-quality food at great prices. Once you’ve sampled the award-winning high-quality products, you could also opt for a regular subscription service for your most preferred items.
Your one-stop, personal online grocer with same-day delivery, this family-run business sources its products from a range of trusted suppliers. You can shop by aisle or store, with everything from organic, artisanal, local and brand name food items to personal care and household essentials. Free delivery is available on orders of $500 or more (delivery days are from Monday to Saturday, between 1.30pm and 4pm).
Jou Sun, www.jousun.com
More Grocery Stores Selling Specialist Supermarket
- farmfresh330 – Order for a minimum of $100 (SF Express delivery charges will apply), www.eshop330.hk
- Feather & Bone – Impressive selection of meats, roasts and premium butcher’s cuts, www.featherandbone.com.hk
- Flair Food – Order for $500 or more for free delivery is across Hong Kong, www.flairfood.com
- Homegrown Foods – Other than fruits and vegetables, you’ll also find drinks, a few pantry basics (balsamic vinegar) and personal care products, www.homegrownfoods.com.hk
- Needs – The site was started by three women and they proudly claim not to sell anything that they (or their families) haven’t tried and tested themselves, www.needs.hk
Grocery Stores That Deliver In Hong Kong – Meats And Seafood
For a wide selection of quality, primarily South African-sourced barbecue meats delivered to your home, get in touch with Biltong Chief. This online butcher offers cold-chain delivery service seven days a week across the city (except outlying islands and some of the more remote areas). It can make cooking and catering simple with everything from grass and grain-fed steaks, pork and lamb sausages, lamb chops as well as pre-cooked and marinated ribs and, of course, biltong (delicious beef snacks). For a $60 flat rate delivery fee (no minimum spend required), have fresh meat delivered to your door step.
Jett Foods delivers quality premium meat and seafood at reasonable prices. It sources products from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Korea and delivers straight from the freezer to you via refrigerated trucks. It also stocks veggies, nuts, wine and kitchen hardware (such as smokeless barbecue grills). All orders $700 or above will qualify for free delivery (otherwise delivery charge of $80 applies). Refer here for details on order timings and more.
Sassy Mama tip: Don’t know your rib-eye from tenderloin? Refer to this meat manual here.
Overfishing is a huge issue throughout the world and we all need to do our part to make sure our seafood is responsibly sourced. Seafood Society by M&C Responsible Seafood brings you the freshest sustainably caught seafood from small fisheries on a caught-to-order basis. Customers should order their seafood products three days in advance so that the company can source them directly from the fishermen. You can visit the showroom to try samples and attend events and cooking demos by leading chefs.
Seafood Society, 17/F, Unit E, Kwong Ga Factory Building, 64 Victoria Road, Kennedy Town, Hong Kong, www.seafoodsociety.hk
More Grocery Stores Selling Meat And Seafood
- 178 Degrees – Select from a range of quality king salmon, blue abalone, wagyu beef and lamb as well as Manuka honey and selected craft liquors, www.178degrees.com
- Loi Chan Frozen Meat Company – Other than the selection of beef, lamb, venison, poultry, pork and seafood, there are gluten-free products and those for vegetarians, www.loichan.com
- Meat Market – Ready-to-cook homemade chicken nuggets, schnitzels, roasting joints, hot pot slices, broth, pantry basics and more, www.meatmarket.com.hk
- Mercato Gourmet/Pacific Gourmet – Meat directly sourced from small family farms and producers in Italy and certified halal meat available, www.mercatogourmet.com.hk
- MM Fresh – Fresh and frozen seafood as well as grass-fed lamb and beef, www.mmfreshfood.com
- My Meat Man – Shop a range of beef, chicken, lamb, pork, seafood and even plant-based meat substitutes from My Meat Man, www.mymeatman.com
- South Stream Market – A wide range of meat and seafood with halal and organic options (and minced meat for toddlers), www.southstreammarket.com
- Steak King — Top quality steak, meat and seafood at wholesale prices, www.steak-king.com
- Tenderloin Fine Food – Meat sourced directly from various countries and plant-based meat is also available, www.tenderloin.com.hk
Grocery Stores That Deliver In Hong Kong – Fruits And Vegetables
Dedicated to providing seasonal food from local farmers to local Hong Kongers, this little farm is located on Lantau Island. As well as picking up your regular salad veggies and herbs, you can also stock your fridge with angled loofahs, silk gourds and water spinach. Dragontail Farm only delivers to Lantau Island.
We’ve all stared at the fruit and veg in the supermarket and had our concerns about food safety. This led three Hong Kong mums to start an online grocery delivery business in 2011 delivering fresh organic fruits and vegetables sourced right here from local farms. Delivery is free of charge for deliveries above $345 and currently, there are no deliveries to outlying islands.
The Fruit Guy
The man behind the business knows his fruits! The Fruit Guy engages with different farmers across the globe to source the freshest seasonal fruits and vegetables (restocked on a weekly basis). The price is affordable given the quality of the products and we love their efficient customer service! Enjoy free shopping for orders over $500 and do note that they currently only deliver to Discovery Bay, Sai Kung and Clearwater Bay.
The Fruit Guy, www.thefruitguydelivers.com
More Grocery Stores Selling Fruits And Vegetables
- ecoFarm – There are new speciality items every season, including Japanese pumpkin or heirloom French tomatoes, www.ecofarm.com.hk, (the site is currently under construction, but you can still place your orders here!)
- Frutodor – Monthly or quarterly subscription services, www.frutodor.com
- Grower Choices – Offering fresh greens like baby cos lettuce, baby spinach and curly kale direct from its own farm just south of New Zealand, www.growerchoices.com
- Vegetable Marketing Organization – You can either visit the VMO wholesale vegetable market at Lai Chi Kok or any of its accredited retailers; or order online via the Local Fresh mobile app (download on iOS or Android), www.vmo.org
- What’sIN – The produce carries trustworthy certifications and comes with a guarantee of no nasties (synthetic pesticides, preservatives and fertilisers), so you have complete peace of mind, www.whatsin.hk
Grocery Stores That Deliver In Hong Kong – Health And Organic Food
If you are looking for fermented foods, such as miso and sauerkraut to improve your gut health, then FoodCraft is the place to go. Along with its own brand of products, it also offers organic Japanese food products and personal care products. While FoodCraft is solely an online store, some retailers in Hong Kong also carry some of its products. Orders above $600 will have free delivery (deliveries to Penny’s Bay are available for an additional cost).
Hong Kong’s first, completely zero-waste and packaging-free grocery store, Live Zero an array of organic products such as flours, grains, legumes, nuts, oats, granola, herbs, spices, pasta, oils and vinegar (to name but a few!). On top of pantry staples, the store also sells sustainable and eco-friendly beauty products. Everything stocked here is aimed at helping you to reduce your plastic consumption, such as shampoo and conditioner bars, cleaning products, reusable cups, lunch boxes and cutlery, as well as stainless steel straws.
Live Zero Bulk Foods, 33 High Street, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong, 9433 3394
Organic Plus has locations all over Hong Kong as well as online. It stocks over 1,000 different organic foods including grains, pasta, oils, household products and supplements. There are even certified organic snacks for infants and toddlers! There’s free shipping for orders above $500 (not including chilled or frozen items that will require separate packing).
More Grocery Stores Selling Health And Organic Food
- Green Common – Free delivery is available to most areas of Hong Kong for orders of $350 or more and they deliver Mondays to Saturdays between 10:30am and 6pm, www.greencommon.com
- iHerb – Health supplements, organic groceries, pet supplements and more, www.hk.iherb.com
- KIRR – Wide range of organic, vegan, keto and gluten free groceries and supplements, www.kirrconcept.com
- NutriAlley – everything from gluten-free, egg-free and dairy-free (amongst others) products ensuring that for those who are a bit sensitive to these things can still enjoy yummy treats, www.nutrialley.com
- One Vegan Shop – Pet food, skincare and household items as well as healthy foods, supplements and dairy-free desserts, www.oneveganshop.com
- Slowood – Organic, vegan and gluten free groceries such as cheese, honey, snacks, rice and more, slowood.hk
- SpiceBox Organics – A wide range of pantry goodies, fresh plant-based food, superfoods, vegetarian and gluten-free choices – perfect for an eco-conscious family, www.spiceboxorganics.com
- The Store – Orders need to be value of $450 or over to be eligible for free delivery, and order before 11.30am for same-day delivery, www.thestore.com.hk
- Veg Hamper – Given the current COVID-19 restrictions, it has stopped deliveries to remote village houses and some outlying islands, but you can opt for self-pickup, www.veghamper.com
Grocery Stores That Deliver In Hong Kong – Luxury And Specialty
This is for all your fans of fromage! Once a month, Cheese Club organises a great selection of premium cheeses, imported from Europe and sourced directly from farmers or famous cheesemongers. If you’re planning a cheesy night in, you can conveniently get everything else you need as well – cold cuts, organic fruits and veggies, wine and more. Prices are attractive when compared to the usual retail prices in Hong Kong. Orders are usually placed by the second week of a month and are delivered chilled before the end of the month. Check their delivery guidelines for more information.
As part of the LQV Group, La Cremerie is all about bringing high-quality French products to Hong Kong. La Cremerie selects only top-quality ewe, cow and goat’s milk cheeses directly from exclusive French farms, and then continues to age them in-house. This guarantees that the cheese reaches its optimum ripeness, offering the best texture and balance of flavours. Shop online or head to the locations in Mid-Levels or Wan Chai where an expert Cheese Master can help you pick out your dream cheese line-up.
La Cremerie (Mid-Levels), 118 Caine Road, Mid-Levels, Hong Kong
Plantin Kaviari by Gourmet en Provence
When truffles and caviar come together, you know you’re in for some fine dining! Specialising in these two luxury products, Plantin Kaviari has been a supplier for fine dining and Michelin-starred restaurants in Hong Kong and Macau since 2009. And now they also offer home delivery. There is a large range of fine products from France, such as meat, poultry, foie gras, fruits, vegetables, cold cuts, cheese and more. Plantin Kaviarin prides itself on its quality (free-range, antibiotic and hormone-free products), suppliers (including the finest French craftsmen), full traceability of products, food safety compliance and helpful customer service.
The Fine Wine Experience
The Fine Wine Experience is the place to go for when you are searching for a particular vintage (there are several bottles listed that are over 100 years old!). While it does stock many quality wines under $500 a bottle, you’ll find many more at the higher price points ($1,000 plus). It also stocks glassware and coffee-table books.
The Fine Wine Experience: Flagship Store, Shop A, 165-166 Connaught Road West (entrance on Chiu Kwong Street), Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong, 2803 0753
Grocery Stores In Hong Kong – Supermarkets
If you just want something from your local supermarket but don’t have the time to cruise the aisles, here’s a list of those in the city that deliver:
- City’Super – Order $800 or above for free delivery or there’s a $100 charge, online.citysuper.com.hk
- ParknShop – Order $500 or above for free delivery or there’s a $50 charge, www.parknshop.com
- GREAT Food Hall – Order $500 or above for free delivery or there’s a $30 charge, www.greatfoodhall.com
- Market Place by Jasons – Order $500 or above for free delivery or there’s a $30 charge, marketplacebyjasons.com
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2018 and was most recently updated in April 2022.