There is a Chinese proverb which translated says, “He who takes medicine and neglects diet wastes the skill of his doctors.”
In the world of health, fitness and well-being, diet does not only imply what you digest by way of food but also what you ingest through the mind and soul. Living healthily should be a holistic state of being.
There was a time when one could quite easily dismiss the importance of wellness but the fact is that when it comes to health and fitness there are no shortcuts or quick fixes. The fast-paced, competitive nature of life here in Hong Kong has many of us scampering to different avenues to achieve some much-needed detoxification and revitalisation for the mind and body.
A relaxing space available for rentals
Last weekend, I ventured out to witness the launch of Alive Wellness on Wyndham Street, Central. At Alive Wellness, you get a terrific fusion of traditional and modern therapeutic resources for the mind and body. The general premise on which Alive Wellness rests is that emotional well-being is integral for physical well-being and the two go hand in hand. This is the starting point for wellness. Through my conversations with the different therapists at Alive Wellness, I learnt that often patients reach roadblocks in their treatments even though their symptoms seem to be fading. It was found that in most cases the bumps we face on our road to wellness are more emotional than physical. This is the foundation of all the treatment philosophies at Alive Wellness.
Crystal healing at Alive Wellness
The treatments available at Alive Wellness are varied and worth taking a look at:
- Iridology: Through the eyes, the practitioner can recognise a predisposition to any illness and therefore can help circumvent it.
- Crystal healing: As the name suggests, the natural properties of stones and crystals are used to heal and soothe.
- Acupuncture: An ancient method of healing used not only on sick patients but also on healthy bodies to maintain health and wellbeing.
- Craniosacral Therapy: This one uses head massages and pressure on the cranium to help alleviate pain and stress.
- As well as spiritual healing, body talk, physiotherapy, pre natal pilates and nutrition and more.
Consultation rooms available for one-on-one or couples counseling
Alive Wellness also let out their premises for workshops, conferences or consultations available for the day, evening or hourly.
Visit their website here to learn more about the center and what they have on offer for you to revitalise your mind, body and spirit.