Finding good coffee beans is key to making the perfect cup of joe. If you’re looking to save the bucks you spend on coffee shops or simply want to practice your barista skills at home, we’ve rounded up the best coffee roasters and places to find coffee beans in Hong Kong.
When the sun hasn’t risen (and the kids are still asleep!), a nice cup of coffee at home might be just what you need to start the day right. While you may enjoy the thrill of rushing to the coffee shop for your daily caffeine fix, making your own coffee at home not only saves time and money but also means you won’t have to settle for a coffee roaster that doesn’t tickle your senses! If you’re ready to begin your coffee-making journey at home, take a look below at the best coffee roasters and coffee beans in Hong Kong. Plus, we’ve also listed our favourite coffee machines below, so get brewing!
KOFFEE MAMEYA – Bespoke coffee roasters and sister brand to Omotesando Koffee
Meaning ‘beans shop’ in Japanese, KOFFEE MAMEYA offers bespoke blends, single-origins and some of the rarest micro-lot coffees sourced from coffee roasters around the world. You can also request for a one-on-one consultation with a Japanese expert barista who will suggest the best coffee beans based on your preferences and offer expert tips and detailed recipes on how to brew artisanal coffee at home.
KOFFEE MAMEYA, Shop B217, B/2, K11 MUSEA, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, www.k11musea.com/koffee-mameya
Hazel & Hershey – Coffee roasters with sustainably sourced coffee beans
If you’re looking for thoughtfully sourced, direct-trade coffee beans, Hazel & Hershey is a perfect choice. It offers coffee beans from Africa, Asia, Central America and South America. Want to try a bit of everything? Go for the tasting pack which includes five house blends and five single-origin coffees.
Accro Coffee – Coffee beans by local champion siphonists
A bit out of the way (but well worth the trip), Accro Coffee is owned by a team of local champion siphonists and coffee roasters. It offers a variety of coffee beans from Bolivia, Kenya, Guatemala, Ethiopia and more. Whether you enjoy sweet floral notes, bright and sweet citrus aromas or nutty chocolatey flavours, you’ll surely find something you like!
Cowbird Coffee Roasters – Artisan coffee roastery with roast-to-order service
Established by four friends due to their love of endless cups of coffee, Cowbird Coffee Roasters is a small-batch artisan roastery offering a roast-to-order service in Discovery Bay. Choose from reasonably priced, single-origin coffee from Brazil, Colombia, Ethiopia, Guatemala, and Sumatra or go for the flagship Cowbird Blend with tasting notes of honey, chocolate and roasted nuts.
Winstons Coffee – House-blend coffee beans in Hong Kong
An independent coffee shop in Hong Kong, Winstons Coffee sells its house-blend coffee beans online and in-store. If you don’t have a full coffee setup at home, go for its single-serve house coffee drip bags. You can order online and pick up your coffee beans in just a couple of hours at its shop in Kennedy Town or Sai Ying Pun.
Winstons Coffee Kennedy Town, Shop 8 The Hudson, 11 Davis Street, Hong Kong, 2697 1878
BYOB Coffee Roaster – Roasted coffee beans and coffee-making classes
BYOB Coffee Roaster encourages you to ‘Buy Your Own Beans’ and ‘Be Your Own Barista’, offering speciality coffee beans with an incredible aroma, sweetness, aftertaste and clean acidity. If you’d like to dive deep into brewing coffee like a true barista, it also offers professional certification programmes for beginners taught by highly qualified instructors.
BYOB Coffee Roaster, Shop 2ACD, G/F, Man Cheong Building, No. 5 Tsing To Path, Tuen Mun, New Territories, Hong Kong,
Urban Coffee Roaster – Variety of coffee beans, drip bags, steep bags and more
A locally-owned brand co-founded by two coffee enthusiasts who are passionate about supplying freshly roasted speciality coffee beans, Urban Coffee Roaster offers a variety of coffee for the home including coffee beans from Colombia, Ethiopia, Panama and Taiwan, as well as drip bags, steep bags and even cold brew canned coffee. It also offers monthly coffee subscription services for filter coffee and espresso beans.
The Cupping Room – Coffee roaster with monthly subscription service
A coffee shop turned roastery and coffee bar, The Cupping Room offers high-quality single-origin and blend coffee, decaf, capsules, drip bags and more. You can also purchase other coffee-making essentials here including brewers, filters, hand grinders and electric kettles. If you like to switch up your coffee options every month, go for the monthly subscription service where you will receive two types of coffee chosen by The Cupping Room team.
Coffee Roasters Asia Ltd – Premium and rare coffee beans in Hong Kong
Coffee Roasters Asia is a speciality coffee roaster that promises to roast the finest green beans and deliver the freshest possible coffee to you. Along with blend coffee, cold brew and drip bags, you can also enjoy premium coffee which is made from highly rated, rare coffee beans that are only grown in a few specific regions of the world.
Craft Coffee Roaster – Sustainable, fair-trade coffee beans
At Craft Coffee Roaster, you will not only enjoy exceptional coffee choices but also learn about the efforts of coffee producers who grow, harvest and process the coffee beans. Each single-origin coffee product on the website comes with a heartwarming story of the farmers’ backgrounds, techniques used and tasting notes.
% Arabica – Coffee Roaster with limited-edition coffee beans
One of the fastest growing speciality coffee brands in the world, % Arabica coffee shop has been winning hearts all over Hong Kong since 2017. It offers signature mixed % Arabica blend coffee beans plus you can select from single-origin limited-edition coffee beans from Ethiopia and Guatemala.
Fineprint – Neighbourhood coffee bar offering coffee beans
A neighbourhood-style coffee bar, Fineprint also offers a wide range of espresso blends and single-origin coffee beans from Colombia, Indonesia, Burundi, Peru and more. One Sassy Mama even has a subscription and can vouch for the freshly roasted beans that make the best crema!
More Coffee Roasters and Coffee Beans Shops In Hong Kong
- Bean Curious – Specialty coffee beans and subscription service. www.beancurious.com
- Africa Coffee And Tea – Coffee roasters that aim to uplift African women involved in the coffee harvesting process. www.africacoffeeandtea.com
- The Coffee Academics –Speciality grade Arabica coffee from over 50 independent farms. www.the-coffeeacademics.com
- Knockbox Coffee Company – Coffee beans reflecting an emphasis on terroir. www.knockboxcoffee.hk
- NOC Coffee Co – Coffee roaster offering beans from Yunnan, Burundi, El Salvador and more. www.noccoffeeco.com
- Sensory Zero – Award-winning product design and a variety of single-origin and house-blend coffee beans. www.sensoryzero.com
- Starbucks – Classic coffee beans at home. www.starbucks.com.hk/whole-bean
- REACTION Coffee Roasters – Coffee Shop offering roasted coffee beans. www.reactioncoffee.com.hk
- Stone Coffee – Variety of ground beans, whole beans, drip bags and more. www.stonecoffee.com.hk
- Bandit Coffee – Pay-per-order and subscription-based craft coffee roaster. www.bandithk.com
Coffee Machines To Make Your Perfect Brew
- Nespresso – A variety of sleek coffee machines and accessories. www.nespresso.com
- JURA – Offers machines for freshly ground coffee at home. www.hk.jura.com
- De’Longhi – Fully automatic coffee machines, espresso and drip coffee machines and more. www.idelonghi.com.hk
- Smeg – Coffee machines with LCD display. www.smeg.hk
- Breville – Home coffee machine for every espresso lover. www.breville.com
- illy – Wide selection of Italian espresso machines and coffee makers. www.illy.com
- Philips – Automatic espresso, drip filter coffee machines and accessories. www.philips.com.hk
- Miele – User-friendly built-in coffee machines for the home. www.miele.hk
- Krups – Coffee grinders and high-precision coffee makers. www.krupsusa.com