Who can resist piping hot, fragrant food at an Indian restaurant? From Chaat and Chaiwala to Woodlands and Gaylord, here are the best Indian restaurants in Hong Kong.
From creamy korma and spicy vindaloos to endless baskets of buttery naan, there’s no better comfort food! While it’s not the easiest to cook at home (think of the number of spices that go into a simple dal), there are plenty of Indian restaurants that you and your kids can head to for a satisfying meal. Here are some of our favourites…
Best Indian Restaurants On Hong Kong Island
This is a Hong Kong favourite because it’s so consistently good! It offers a great buffet lunch deal but what we love most about it is its fabulous Sunday brunch. Watch your kids devour the samosas, kebabs, biryani and more, but ask them to save space for the piping hot jalebis and mithai in the end.
Meaning “people from Delhi”, Dilliwale brings you the taste and aromas of Delhi street food and traditional Indian cuisine. You can never go wrong with its a la carte menu but don’t forget to check out its website for special menus and brunch deals!
A restaurant by the Pirata Group, this one offers a child-friendly weekend brunch, a kids menu, plus a play area for the little ones. Its innovative cocktails such as Masala Negroni and the Aam Wala whiskey cocktail are worth a try.
If you’re looking for a halal option in the city, this is a great spot. Note that there’s no lift access but the restaurant staff are happy to help with strollers and can create spice-free menu variations for kids.
Pondi offers tapas-sized portions of food from Pondicherry, a unique and quaint coastal city in India that’s steeped in its French colonial past.
Uncle Desi Food And Sons
Hong Kong’s first digital-only restaurant, Uncle Desi and Sons serves up beloved Indian takeaway dishes – butter chicken, samosas, vindaloo and many more! You’ll have to order through the Black Sheep GO app or website.
More Indian Restaurants On Hong Kong Island
- Chautari – Indian and Nepalese food at the Sheung Wan Queen Street cooked food market. www.chautari.com.hk
- Ebeneezer’s Kebabs & Pizzeria – Halal-certified chain of Indian restaurants across Hong Kong. www.ebeneezers.com
- New Punjab Club – Indian restaurant in Central celebrating India’s post-colonial, regal cuisine. www.newpunjabclub.com
- Bengal Brothers – Kati rolls and rice bowls inspired by bustling street-side eateries in India. www.bengal-brothers.com
- Jashan – Authentic Indian cuisine serving up creative curries, kebabs and more. www.jashan.com.hk
- Jo Jo Indian Restaurant – Traditional Indian restaurant with lunch and brunch buffet. www.jojofood.com
Best Indian Restaurants In Kowloon
A paradise located in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui, Gaylord is a Hong Kong oldie that has been serving delicious and authentic Indian food since 1972. Its a la carte menu serves up classic Indian dishes but also don’t miss out on its new and delicious Truffle Is In The Air menu!
Chaat, Rosewood Hong Kong
Chaat at Rosewood Hong Kong serves Indian street food flavours and homemade classics in an elevated setting. It was also honoured as a one-star restaurant by MICHELIN Guide Hong Kong Macau 2022.
Kailash Parbat Hong Kong
This is a great one to take the kids to – the presentation is quirky and sure to get a laugh (some dishes are served on mini rickshaw models, with others inside a steam iron!).
Kailash Parbat, 302, 3/F, Multifield Plaza, 3-7 Prat Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong,
Woodlands International Restaurant
Established in 1981, Woodlands International Restaurant serves mainly South Indian cuisine (along with chaats and curries). The service is great and the atmosphere is ideal for casual outings.
Sangeetha Vegetarian Restaurant
Sangeetha’s vegetarian fare offers South Indian staples like dosa (rice and dal crepe), idli (same ingredients, but served as steamed buns) and wada (fried dal batter balls – simply delicious!). Kids will love the set dosas and the puri masala and can round the meal off with pineapple kesari.
More Indian Restaurants In Kowloon
- BRANTO – Traditional Indian recipes in a modern style. www.brantoveg.com
- Koh-I-Noor – Delicious and reasonably priced Indian food. www.facebook.com/kohinoor.hongkong
- Sher-E-Punjab – Indian vegetarian thali at a great value. www.openrice.com/sher-e-punjab
Best Indian Restaurants In New Territories
Tuen Mun Curry House
Tuen Mun Curry House has been serving up mouthwatering Indian set lunches (with options for vegetarians) as well as the usual classics on its a la carte menu. It’s a favourite amongst local residents so make sure you get there early to grab your seat!
Tuen Mun Curry House, 25 G/F, Rainbow Garden, Tuen Mun, New Territories, Hong Kong, www.tmcurryhouse.com.hk
More Indian Restaurant In The New Territories
- Bacco – North Indian food served alongside an extensive range of wines and cocktails. www.bacco.hk
- Masala Bay – Private Indian kitchen based in Clearwater Bay. www.facebook.com/Masala-Bay
Read More: Hong Kong Private Kitchens And Event Spaces
Editor’s Note: The Best Indian Restaurants In Hong Kong was most recently updated in March 2023 by Najuka Redkar.