Montessori education is designed to help children with their task of inner construction as they grow from childhood to maturity. Montessori principles draws its principles from the natural development of the child. Each child’s unique personality is encouraged at our school; each child is respected as an important member of a community. We allow children to discover the joys of learning in our classrooms, which are filled with various materials that promote independent learning. Our teachers act to assist in developing each child’s individual learning styles, which ensure that they can learn to the best of their ability.
Language Of Instruction
Island Children's Montessori offers an authentic Montessori curriculum that is Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) recognized.
The Montessori Method is a proven and well-established educational approach that is fundamentally different from traditional teaching methods. It uses a child-centered approach to help children develop to their full potential, by providing them with an environment prepared for self-directed learning and personal guidance from specially trained teachers.
Hong Kong, China, France, Australia, Thailand, United States, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan
Application & Deadline
Pre-Nursery admission deadline is around February.
Kindergarten admission deadline is around December.
We are accepting applications to all of our programs year-round for entry based on availability and interview result.
Playgroup Application Process:
1. Admission is year-round.
2. Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
3. Students must be at least 18 months old at time of entry.
4. It is recommended that you apply when your child turns 6 months old.
5. Apply by downloading and submitting the application form by post or in-person.
6. After submission of application, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance to confirm your child’s placement and commencement
Pre-Nursery and Kindergarten Application Process:
1. Upon receiving your application, an acknowledgement receipt will be sent to you by post.
2. An interview notice will be sent by post or email 3 weeks prior to the date of your child's interview.
3. Interview results will be sent by post or email 3 weeks after the interview.
4. Applications received after the deadline will be kept on file for the school year applied for. An interview date will be arranged when a space is released