Send your kids off in style with a new backpack for the school year. These are our picks of practical school bags for toddlers, kids and teens.
The hunt for the perfect school bag is not easy! You want a backpack that is well-designed, strong and yet not too heavy for young backs. Plus it needs to pass the ultimate test — being accepted and worn by your kids! These are our picks of popular backpack brands, as well as stores to shop for a variety of school bags in one place.
Doughnut — Durable backpacks and travel accessories
The range of Doughnut backpacks is truly irresistible! The practical and stylish designs make for great school bags for your kids and teens.
Read More: Where To Buy Donuts In Hong Kong
Fjällräven Kånken – Comfortable and light backpacks for all ages!
The company proudly claims to make the backpack that straightened up a whole generation. After realising as far back as the late 70s that back problems were starting to appear at younger ages, it developed these backpacks. The Swedish-designed school bags are great for kids, teens and adults and though expensive, are well worth the price.
Cath Kidston – Signature floral backpacks and school bags
Flowery prints and a school bag for every season! Cath Kidston backpacks are great for all children for cute backpacks, accessories and apparel. With some of the coolest and most unique designs on the market, your little tot is bound to walk into the school in style.
Kipling – Chic backpacks for tweens and teens!
Trendy kids will love Kipling’s super lightweight and strong backpacks – they’re guaranteed to last throughout the whole academic year. Though a little on the pricier side, these are ideal for teens heading towards the end of high school or college students wanting to put kiddy-style school bags behind them.
The North Face — Multi-purpose backpacks
As a brand, The North Face is pretty iconic. As well as outdoor clothing and travel accessories, the range of North Face backpacks are great for teens looking for stylish bags to take them from the classroom to weekend hiking adventures.
The North Face, hwww.thenorthface.com.hk
JanSport – Spacious school bags
Hands up if you spotted Mei from “Turning Red” sporting a JanSport backpack and felt nostalgic (especially for those who grew up in Hong Kong!). Some designs go all out with tie-dye patterns – they even did a “Stranger Things” collaboration! – or go minimal with monotones.
More Places To Buy School Bags And Backpacks
- Decathlon — Sports store with kids’ backpacks. www.decathlon.com.hk
- SOGO — Department store with school bags and backpacks. www.sogo.com.hk
- Wing On — Multi-brand department store that stocks school supplies. www.shop.wingon.hk
- Next Direct — Shop online for kids’ backpacks. www.nextdirect.com
- Zalora — Online store with bags and accessories. www.zalora.com.hk
- Bookazine — Stocks a range of stationery and kids’ school bags. www.bookazine.com.hk
- Aeon — Look to the bigger branches for a range of back-to-school supplies including backpacks. www.aeonstores.com.hk
- Baby Central — Backpacks for toddlers. www.babycentral.com.hk
- Island Wake — Stocks surf brands like Rip Curl and Billabong. www.islandwake.com
- Hallmark — One of the few stockists for Smiggle products in Hong Kong. www.hallmark.com