Whether you want to spruce up your home with some local Hong Kong brands or need a gift idea for friends leaving on their next adventure, these Hong Kong souvenirs and gifts are sure to impress.
Even if you have a love-hate relationship with the 852, your time in the capital of convenience (with its vertical structures, packed trains, and mesmerising pulse) is sure to be nothing if not memorable! It’s always nice to have some special Hong Kong gifts to remember the city by. So, whether a dear friend is about to say Zoi gin (goodbye in Cantonese) to the city or you’re looking to welcome another ready to start their 852 adventure, we’ve curated a list of where to buy Hong Kong souvenirs from local Hong Kong brands that evoke a piece of the big city.
These Hong Kong brands stock all sorts of unique gift ideas. There’s everything from wrapping paper and cards to photo frames, mugs, towels, bags, Hong Kong experiences and more. The souvenir options really are endless!
Hong Kong Brands – Gifts and souvenirs of Hong Kong for the whole family
Lion Rock Press – Hong Kong greeting cards, toys, stationery, gifts and souvenirs
Pinyin Press – Hong Kong souvenir clothing, accessories and homewares
G.O.D (Goods Of Desire) – A range of quirky Hong Kong brands, gifts and homewares
Read more: Christmas Gifts 2021: What To Shop For Papas
Hong Kong Books – For Kids
Hong Kong Books – For Adults
Hong Kong Artworks – The perfect memento of Hong Kong
Hong Kong Experience Gift Ideas
Sometimes a Hong Kong experience gift is more meaningful than endless trinkets, especially if it is for someone who’s set to leave Hong Kong. Here are some more ideas:
- Treat them to a night in an iconic hotel? The Peninsula, Mandarin Oriental, Rosewood and Ritz Carlton are all on our bucket list!
- Explore Hong Kong one last time with a local tour guide.
- Take to the water on a chartered junk trip.
- Get stuck into a free-flow weekend brunch.
- Tickets to a theme park. You’ve now got three to choose from: Disneyland, Ocean Park or Water World
- Book your friends in for a dinner at a private kitchen.
- Check out Sassy Mama’s 50 Things To Do In Hong Kong With Kids to tick off those bucket lists.
- Schedule a fun family photo shoot! Many Hong Kong photographers will have options for outdoor sessions at your favourite locations.
More Places To Find Hong Kong Gifts And Souvenirs
- We love the Hong Kong homewares from Zest Of Asia. Available online or instore at G.O.D – Goods Of Desire.
- From cushion covers to coasters, mugs, umbrellas, tea towels, ceramics and more, Hong Kong based artist Liz Fry has a great selection of Hong Kong themed gifts to brighten up anyones day.
- For a Hong Kong take on LEGO, check out M.H. Blocks. Kids can recreate their favourite Hong Kong icons like the Star Ferry, a Ding Ding and more.
- Stroll the boutique shops of PMQ or Tai Kwun, or pop by the regular Handmade Hong Kong Markets.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally written by Nikita Mishra in July 2018 and updated by Jess Mizzi in November 2021.